DISTRIBUTION ACCOUNT MANAGER - MIDLANDS
Team Beaver are looking for a Distribution Account Manager – Midlands to join our Sales team!
As our Distribution Account Manager – Midlands, the successful candidate will be responsible for Beavertown’s Distributor relationships across the Midlands. You will not only manage the relationships with our distributors across the Midlands, but also identify how Beavertown is able to access more consumers across the geography.
This role requires a balance of building a strategic plan for each individual distributor partner on how we both access more consumers combined with an execution plan on making it happen. This plan has to be bespoke to each distributor and will require the DAM completely understanding all of the distributor partners in depth.
- Grow our distribution through our distributor partners.
- Create distributor mechanics on how we help them sell Beavertown beers.
- Work with the Key Account Manager North to achieve sales and distribution goals by developing compelling commercial propositions for our distributors & their teams.
- Ensure on an ongoing basis the brand execution in the market is in line with brand values & imperatives.
- Be recognised as our preferred customer partner within the craft category.
- Achieve monthly & annual off trade targets e.g Volume/NSR.
- Work within designated cost pricing corridors.
- Develop, sell, and implement Out of Home activation principles & programmes through our distributor network.
- Communicate sales results on a weekly & monthly basis to Commercial Director.
- Monthly planned meetings with all distributor partners.
- Optimise opportunities within distributor base.
- Represent Beavertown Brewery at promotions, tastings and special events.
- Seek out beer related educational opportunities and keep up to date by reading industry publications.
- Be available for evening & weekend customer meeting/events.
- Performs additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by management
- Strong negotiation principles & technique to ensure the right commercial outcome is achieved.
- Previous Account/Distributor Management experience – preferable.
- Proven track record in building strong customer relationships.
- Ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges.
- Proven analytical skills and an understanding of syndicated data is required.
- Strong capability to influence others to focus on our brands ahead of others.
- High level of strategic awareness to work out what is required to succeed across a wide & varied distributor base.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated technical skills required for the preparation of professional and effective sales presentations.
- Strong personal drive & focus on results .
- Ability to travel most of the time, as the role is field-based and we would expect the person to be in the market at least 80% of the time.
- You will have the ability to work independently and look for constant improvements.
- Strong communication - Both internally and externally to Beavertown teams across the business, delivery drivers and key contacts.
- You will be mobile at all times, as well using pallet trucks and various warehouse equipment - lifting up to 16kg parcels.
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and Beavertown brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org