JUNIOR LAB TECHNICIAN
Team Beaver are looking for a Junior Lab Technician to join our Quality Team!
Reporting into the Quality Manager, this role will be based between our Tottenham Hale & Enfield sites and will be responsible for ensuring all beer is produced to the highest standards through Microbiological and Phys-Chem analysis.
As the Junior Lab Technician, you will support with general lab practices including collection and management of samples, yeast health management, cleaning of the lab and the production of daily lab reports.
- Good lab practice
- Collection and management of samples according to the sampling plan.
- Yeast health management including cultivation and propagation.
- Preparation of stock solutions and media, inoculating and incubating samples.
- Simultaneously dealing with multiple support activities and requests.
- Working on becoming a cross-functional QC Lab team member (PC, MB, S).
- Cleaning and de-contamination of the Laboratory.
- Helping as required to maintain all Quality standards within the Laboratory.
- Be part of projects and project support team member.
- Record data efficiently.
- Produce daily reports of PC and MB results for all sites, or other if asked.
- Communicating efficiently the Laboratory results and main constrains in the Department to the internal team.
STOCK AND SUPPLY MANAGEMENT
- Manage Lab stock and resources: maintenance of incoming inspection plan.
- Contributing to Beavertown events and festivals and representing the brewery in public.
- Increasing your understanding of the art and science of brewing through study and investigation.
- Demonstrating the ‘Beavertown Way’ to visitors and clients through your knowledge, enthusiasm, and hospitality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Brewing Science, Biology, Chemistry or another relevant field; or relevant technical experience.
- Evidence of effective communication within and between teams.
- Able to work efficiently and with incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to think and operate with initiative and troubleshoot wherever necessary.
- Flexible and quick to learn.
- Project investigation related to food or beverages.
- Experience or contact with the food or beverages industry.
- All Lab staff should be working towards their IBD certificate or equivalent.
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org