Junior Lab Technician
Beavertown is looking for a Junior Lab Technician to join our amazing Quality Team.
This position will involve working as part of the Quality Team to ensure that all beer is produced to the highest standards through Microbiological, analytical, and sensory checks.
Beavertown is looking for individuals to support with general Lab practices including collection and management of samples, yeast health management, cleaning of the Lab and the production of daily Lab reports.
For a full job description, please contact a member of the Recruitment Team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
General lab :
- Good Lab practice and maintenance of high standards of safety.
- Collection, management and processing of samples according to the sampling plan.
- Yeast health management including cultivation and propagation, when required.
- Preparation of stock solutions and media, inoculating and incubating samples.
- Simultaneously dealing with multiple support activities and requests.
- Working on becoming a cross-functional QC Lab team member (phys-chem, microbiology, sensory).
- Cleaning and decontamination of the Laboratory.
- Helping as required to maintain all Quality standards within the Laboratory.
- Be part of projects and project support team member.
Data reporting :
- Record data efficiently.
- Produce daily reports of physical-chemical and microbiological results for all sites, or other if asked.
- Communicating efficiently the Laboratory results and main constrains in the Department to the internal team during dedicated meetings or via internal messaging system.
Stock and supply management :
- Manage Lab stock and resources: maintenance of incoming inspection plan.
- Contributing to Beavertown events and festivals and representing the brewery in public.
- Increasing your understanding of the art and science of brewing through study and investigation.
- Demonstrating the ‘Beavertown Way’ to visitors and clients through your knowledge, enthusiasm, and hospitality.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Brewing Science, Biology, Chemistry or another relevant field; or relevant technical experience.
- Evidence of effective communication within and between teams.
- Able to work efficiently and with incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to think and operate with initiative and troubleshoot wherever necessary.
- Flexible and quick to learn.
- Project investigation related to food or beverages.
- Experience or contact with the brewing industry.
- All Lab staff should be working towards their IBD certificate or equivalent.