Team Beaver are looking for a Lab Technician to join our Quality Team!
Reporting into the Quality Manager, this role will be based between our Tottenham Hale & Enfield sites and will be responsible for ensuring all beer is produced to the highest standards through Microbiological and Phys-Chem analysis.
As the Lab Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining the Lab stock and supplies and documentation records to support this. You will support with general Lab practices and be involved in the production of daily Lab reports so the ability to analyse trends is key.
- Good Lab practice.
- Collection and management of samples according to the sampling plan.
- Yeast health management including cultivation and propagation.
- Preparation of stock solutions and media, inoculating and incubating samples.
- Simultaneously dealing with multiple support activities and requests.
- Working on becoming a cross-functional QC lab team member (PC, MB, S).
- Cleaning and decontamination of the Laboratory.
- Helping as required to maintain all Quality standards within the Laboratory.
- Be part of projects and project support team member.
- Maintain and implement phys-chem and micro approaches and troubleshooting
- Maintenance of QC data, equipment, and SOP documentation.
- Ensure that all data is recorded and analysed efficiently, guaranteeing high level of service.
- Analyse trends and act efficiently according to the results.
- Cross check correlation in-between PC-MB-Sensory results, work on conclusions and report results back to Production-Packaging-WH and logistic teams.
- Produce weekly reports of PC and MB results for all sites, or other if asked.
- Communicating efficiently the Laboratory results and main constrains in the Dep. To the internal team and relevant stakeholders.
STOCK AND SUPPLY MANAGEMENT
- Manage Lab stock and resources: maintenance of incoming inspection plan and lab audits.
- Contribute to Beavertown events and festivals and representing the brewery in public.
- Increasing your understanding of the art and science of brewing through study and investigation.
- Demonstrating the ‘Beavertown way’ to visitors and clients through your knowledge, enthusiasm, and hospitality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology or another relevant field.
- Experience in both physical-chemical and microbiological techniques (cultural and molecular).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the beer production process and key physical-chemical characteristics involved.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the microbiology of food and beverage organisms, especially yeast.
- Evidence of effective communication within and between teams.
- Able to work efficiently and with incredible attention to detail.
- Ability to think and operate with initiative and troubleshoot wherever necessary.
- Flexible and quick to learn.
- Postgraduate experience.
- Experience in a brewery-based laboratory.
- PCR experience.
- All lab staff should be working towards their IBD certificate or equivalent.
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: email@example.com