We are looking for a Packaging Supervisor to join Team Beaver! Reporting into our Packaging Manager, the main aim of this role is to lead the Packaging team to ensure that all products leaving our brewery are packaged to the highest standard to ensure a first class Beavertown experience for our customers.
As the Packaging Supervisor, you will have the ability to confidently lead, train and motivate a team and be able to multitask and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced production environment. This role will be solutions-focussed and will require you to strive for continuous improvement in quality and efficiency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring product is packaged efficiently and to specification.
- Ensuring quality checks are carried out on the product (e.g. total packaged oxygen, can seam integrity inspection, weights and measures).
- Operating the packaging machinery and troubleshooting/solving issues to improve their performance.
- Setup packaging machinery and product lines for production and CIP and executing these processes.
- Moving pallets and stock items with a forklift, pedestrian stacker and/or pallet truck
- Carrying out approved maintenance tasks where necessary.
- Creating and updating controlled documents (e.g. SOPs and OPLs)
- Creating and updating records to analyse departmental performance and to comply with accreditation standards.
- Reporting on departmental performance.
- Carrying out stock takes and assisting the Production Planning team in managing stock levels.
- Recording and updating stock and other parameters in SAP.
- Assisting the Production Planning department in developing a Packaging Plan and amending the plan to adapt to changing demands/situations.
- Carrying out performance appraisals of direct reports.
- Ensuring direct reports are trained according to the Training Plan and Control Documents and progress is recorded.
- Generating and issuing team rotas.
- Recording and/or allocating employee absence (e.g. annual leave, sick leave, etc.) and tardiness/overtime.
- Ensuring both they and their direct reports adhere to the Beavertown company policies and addressing/reporting on any breaches of policy where necessary.
- Resolving conflicts involving direct reports.
- Ensuring a high standard of hygiene and 5S are maintained across the workspace and production floor.
- Ensuring the department follows the accreditation standards set for each site (e.g. SALSA, FEMAS, etc.).
- Carrying out and leading projects to improve departmental performance and for EPI/NPD.
- Carrying out visits to other companies (e.g. suppliers, other production facilities, etc.) to improve departmental processes.
- Facilitating processes linked with Packaging (e.g. the disposal of unsaleable stock).
- Developing and improving SLAs with other departments within the company and with other companies.
- Contributing to Beavertown events and representing the company in public (optional).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a beverage packaging environment, preferably in a supervisory role.
- Confident and empathetic leader with strong communication and motivational skills.
- A quick thinker and problem solver with a proactive and committed attitude.
- A technical aptitude.
- Machine operation, troubleshooting and maintenance experience.
- A key understanding of packaging operations and connecting processes (e.g. CIP, hygiene, quality, maintenance and logistics).
- Experienced and highly competent user of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Strong record keeping, reporting and analytical abilities.
- High standard of verbal and written communication.
- An attention to detail.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- An aptitude for conflict resolution.
- Willingness to work on a shift rota and across multiple sites.
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and our brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org