Senior Brewer - Tempus
We are looking for a Senior Brewer to join our Tempus Project!
Reporting into our Lead Brewer, the Senior Brewer - Tempus will manage the entirety of the Tempus Project, including overseeing of all Brewing, Packaging, Barrel Work, Raw Materials Acquisition, and Recipe Creation, in line with quality control and production targets.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all daily cellaring and brewhouse duties including supervising Junior / Production Brewers, creating recipes for Tempus Project beers, organising the production plan and rota to meet targets and raw material acquisition. You will ensure SOPs are up to date, package beers to keg and bottle and ensure stock accuracy and timeliness.
As the Senior Brewer – Tempus, you will have strong troubleshooting abilities, time management skills and take the lead on supervising, guiding and teaching junior members of the team.
We are looking for someone who has a flexible approach to work, as you will be required to work on a shift system basis, including weekends.
Management of the Tempus Project, including:
- All daily cellaring and brewhouse duties (detailed in full job description)
- Supervising Tempus Junior Brewer, and Production/Junior Brewer on rotation
- Creation of Recipes for Tempus Project Beers
- Organisation of Release Plan for Sales Team, incorporating plan for emptying barrels, packaging, brewing and re-filling barrels
- Organisation of Production Plan and Rota in order to meet agreed production plan and yearly targets
- Management of the Barrel Log
- Raw Materials Acquisition
- Barrel Management including Sampling, Filling, Emptying andCleaning
- Procedural development and optimisation
- Ensuring SOPs are up to date and being followed by all employees
- Verifying that beer fermentation and conditioning proceeds as expected
- Verifying that beers are in spec for packaging
- Packaging Beers to Keg and Bottle
- Propagating Yeast/Bacteria in keeping with hygiene standards
- Ensuring cleaning is performed to schedule
- Ensure Stock Take Accuracy and on Time
- IBD General Certificate in Brewing(desirable)
- Minimum requirement of 3 years brewing experience
- Strong interest in beer, barrel ageing and mixed fermentation as a whole
- Used to working flexibly to achieve business goals and keen to make improvements
- Positive and committed attitude, confident working with little supervision
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the brewing process, equipment and techniques - particularly on a very manual brew kit
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org