SENIOR PACKAGING OPERATOR
We are looking for a Senior Packaging Operator to join our Packaging team!
The Senior Packaging Operator will assist our Packaging Supervisors and Packaging Manager to ensure all beer leaving our brewery is packaged to the highest standard to ensure a first class Beavertown experience.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced packaging machine operator and a team player who can multi-task and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced brewery environment. You will be solutions focused and be able to confidently troubleshoot problems.
This is a rewarding role and will require you to be mobile at all times. Please note this role will have no involvement in brewing our beers.
- Ensuring product is packaged efficiently and to specification
- Ensuring quality checks are carried out on the product (e.g. total packaged oxygen, can seam integrity inspection, weights and measures)
- Operating the packaging machinery and troubleshooting/solving issues to improve their performance
- Setup packaging machinery and product lines for production and CIP and executing these processes
- Moving pallets and stock items with a forklift, pedestrian stacker and/or pallet truck
- Carrying out approved maintenance tasks where necessary
- Creating and updating controlled documents (e.g. SOPs and OPLs)
- Creating and updating records to analyse departmental performance and to comply with accreditation standards
- Reporting on departmental performance
- Carrying out stock takes and assisting the Production Planning team in managing stock levels
- Assisting the Production Planning department in developing a Packaging Plan and amending the plan to adapt to changing demands/situations
- Ensuring direct reports are trained according to the Training Plan and Control Documents and progress is recorded
- Ensuring both they and their direct reports adhere to the Beavertown company policies and addressing/reporting on any breaches of policy where necessary
- Ensuring a high standard of hygiene and 5S are maintained across the workspace and production floor
- Ensuring the department follows the accreditation standards set for each site (e.g. SALSA, FEMAS, etc)
- Carrying out and leading projects to improve departmental performance and for EPI/NPD.• Carrying out visits to other companies (e.g. suppliers, other production facilities, etc.) to improve departmental processes
- Facilitating processes linked with Packaging (e.g. the disposal of unsaleable stock)
- Developing and improving SLAs with other departments within the company and with other companies
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a beverage packaging environment with machine operation, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
- A quick thinker and problem solver with a proactive and committed attitude
- A technical aptitude and an attention to detail
- A key understanding of packaging operations and connecting processes (e.g. CIP, hygiene, quality and maintenance)
- Competent user of Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel
- Strong record keeping, reporting and analytical abilities
- High standard of verbal and written communication
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Willingness to work on a shift rota and across multiple sites
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and our brand!
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org