WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS MANAGER
We are looking for a Warehouse Operations Manager to join our Beavertown team!
As the Warehouse Operations Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the effective management of all Warehouse Operations across the Beavertown estate, including headcount, safety, compliance and equipment.
Your success will be measured against cost and loss control, productivity and utilisation of company assets from goods in through to final dispatch (Goods In, Storage, Brewery support, Pick, Goods Out, Returns).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and recommend a Warehouse strategy that meets the business objectives of Beavertown whilst ensuring excellent customer service.
- Oversee the daily site operations through Leadership, coaching and management across 2 sites.
- Drive operational excellence and best practice with a key focus on continuous improvement work streams improving performance in relation to quality, service and efficiency.
- Ensure that your entire team have clear and realistic targets and SLAs and are motivated and driven to achieve them at all times.
- Formulate, agree and deliver the performance objectives of your area, considering the ways in which you can increase the scope and probability of your area of responsibilities performance whilst embracing and encouraging change.
- Collaborate with a wide range of internal colleagues and 3rd Party agencies and suppliers to ensure efficient and effective service.
- Manage shift based rotation plans to ensure support is in place for Brewery operations between the hours of 0700 – 2200, Monday to Friday.
- Promote our visions and values, leading the way in demonstrating our people culture, to ensure that all of your wider team site feel valued.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand and deliver any specific added value services needed identifying solutions to meet demands (i.e. labelling)
- Define and consistently review staff training needs against performance expectations. Deliver training through the introduction of a trainer on trainer approach.
- Define and review quality standards and WoW to constantly strive to improve output in all areas. Ensuring all required levels of performance, work standards, outputs, service and quality are achieved.
- Ensure that the right equipment is in place to fulfil the roles and tasks, including ownership of servicing and maintenance to reduce downtime.
- Maintain your awareness of innovative operational developments within the industry in order to suggest leading edge solutions to improve value.
- Engage in projects which further develop network capacity.
- Drive and facilitate change to enhance business growth.
- Ensuring all requirements relating to safety, health, environment and quality are being fully implemented – Where any issues arise, promote our culture to enable your teams, and the wider team to lead the way in solving these issues and ensuring a totally safe environment at all times.
- Stock integrity
- AOS & rotation
- Reverse Logistics rates
- Wastage targets
- Preparation of logistics input for and attendance at Weekly Production Meeting (WPM)
- Please note that the above list is not exhaustive.
- Operations experience in managing a team.
- IT skills – Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word with SAP experience - preferred.
- Senior line management experience.
- Right first-time approach, can-do attitude.
- Good organisational capabilities.
- Team player and positive attitude.
If you’re interested, please send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a little bit about why you think you’re suitable for the role to: email@example.com